1kg chicken thigh fillets, cut into large chunks
¼ cup tandoori paste
200 mL Australian natural yogurt
40g Western Star Original Butter
1 onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp grated ginger
1 bay leaf
1 tsp garam marsala
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp sweet paprika
400g can diced tomatoes
200 mL chicken stock
150 mL thickened cream
40g cold Western Star Original Butter, cut into cubes, extra
½ cup roasted cashews
fresh coriander and basmati rice, to serve
- Marinate chicken in paste and natural yogurt for approximately 1 hour.
- Melt 20g butter, brown chicken on all sides, remove from pan.
- Wipe pan clean and add remaining 20g butter, onion, ginger and dry spices to the pan and cook until spices are fragrant and onion is softened.
- Add browned chicken, tomatoes and chicken stock to pan and bring to a simmer, cover and cook stirring occasionally for 15 minutes, remove lid and cook for a further 15 minutes until chicken is tender and sauce is thick.
- Stir cream into sauce and then whisk in cold butter, one cube at a time until incorporated and creamy. Simmer for 1-2 minutes until warmed through.
- Serve curry sprinkled with cashews, coriander and basmati rice.