60g unsalted butter
100g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
125g self raising flour
125g caster sugar
375ml hot water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl and whisk together until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence and whisk to combine.
- Fold in sifted cocoa and flour alternatively with the milk.
- Place into the prepared baking dish.
- Mix together the sugar and cocoa for the sauce and sprinkle over the pudding base.
- Gently pour the hot water over the mixture.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla custard or ice cream and fresh berries.