Huon Honey Lime BBQ Salmon Kebabs
- 1 or 2 Huon salmon fillets (approx. 1.5kg), skin on, cut into 2.5cm chunks
- 1 green capsicum cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 2 cups halved mushrooms
- 1 lime juice and zest
- ½ cup light soy sauce
- ¼ cup creamed honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- To taste salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12-16 long bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 2 limes, juiced
- Place salmon and vegetables into a large flat dish. In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice and zest, soy sauce, honey and garlic until honey is dissolved; pour over salmon and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper, toss everything gently together, cover and refrigerate for six hours.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high and oil the grill. Alternate the marinated salmon and vegetables onto the soaked skewers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and honey. Place skewers on hot grill and cook 10 minutes, basting often with honey mixture and turning once.